(Last updated September 5, 2016)
This website is for general information purposes only and is not intended to provide you with any personalized financial, accounting, tax or legal advice. It should not be used as a substitute for advice from an appropriate professional advisor.
CHANGES TO THE WEBSITE
PRODUCT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All terms and conditions of your existing policies shall remain in full force and effect and unchanged by this website.
The content of our website does not constitute an offer by us to sell our products and services. Your request to purchase a product or service represents an offer by you which we may accept or reject on such terms and conditions in force at the time of our acceptance. After you make a request through our website to purchase the product or service, assuming such product or service is available to you and your offer is accepted, you will receive confirmation of your purchase.
All applications for a product or service detailed on our website are subject to and must comply with our normal approval criteria and are governed by the normal terms and conditions applying to each product or service requested.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
By accessing or using our website, you agree that any personal information that you provide will be dealt with in accordance with our Privacy and Security Policy.
You may conduct certain transactions online through our website. These transactions are not final unless we receive, process, and confirm the transaction.
It is your responsibility to inform us of any change to your personal information and contact details, especially your e-mail address. It is also your responsibility to keep your contact details accurate and capable of receiving communication from us.
Due to technical issues and other matters beyond our control, your confirmation may not be received by us. You acknowledge that to the extent permitted by law, we are not liable to you in any way for loss or damage, however caused, directly or indirectly, in connection with the transmission or submission of an electronic instruction through our website or any failure to receive an electronic instruction for any reason.
The credit card details that you provide to us may be retained after payment is made. Except in exceptional circumstances, any refund we provide to you for any product you have purchased by credit card is made back to the credit card account used to make the initial purchase or through the issuance of a check.
We may refuse to process a transaction at any time and for any reason. To the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to you or to any third party if we do this.
OWNERSHIP OF MATERIALS
All content, including without limitation, the design, look and feel of the website, the text, software, graphics, photos, videos, design, graphic and intellectual property rights in the website shall remain at all times the property of Paramount Life & General Insurance Corporation, its affiliates, associated companies, and/or licensors. Other than as expressly permitted, you may not engage in the unauthorized use, copying, or distribution of any of said content.
Unless expressly stated otherwise, nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or any intellectual property right of Paramount Life & General Insurance Corporation, its affiliates, associated companies, and/or licensors.
Our website and the information and materials contained therein are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
We cannot guarantee that you will have uninterrupted or error-free access to our website at all times or that our website, the servers that make our website available, or any material downloaded from our website will not cause damage to any property, or otherwise minimize or eliminate the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, Trojans and worms.
We also accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this website by any unauthorized third parties.
If you access or use our website, you are responsible for your compliance with all local laws that apply to you. In particular, you are not allowed to access or transact on this website if your local laws prohibit the access or use of this website or renders illegal or unenforceable any product or service contained in it.
Without notice to its users, we may suspend access to our website from time to time to allow for repair or maintenance or for other reasons.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE FOLLOWING PROVISIONS AS THEY EXCLUDE OR LIMIT OUR LEGAL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE UP TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
We are not liable if you lose any content or material when uploading or transmitting it through our website. We exclude any warranties, undertakings or representations, either express or implied, to the full extent permitted under applicable law, including without limitation that our website and all or any part of the content or materials, accuracy, availability or completeness of the content of the website or any part of the content or materials are appropriate or available for use in any jurisdiction.
We cannot guarantee that we can or will provide a particular product or service at any particular time or price. We also do not accept liability for withdrawing a product or service or for rejecting your application for a product or service for any reason.
THIRD PARTY SITES OR LINKS
The website may contain links to other websites (“Linked Site”) that are not under the control of Paramount Life & General Insurance Corporation. We are not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation, any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. We provide these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Paramount Life & General Insurance Corporation or any association with its operators.
If you decide to visit any Linked Site, you do so at your own risk and shall be responsible to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements. We do not endorse and are free and harmless from responsibility or liability for any content, advertising, products, services or information on, or available from, third (3rd) party websites or material. We disclaim responsibility for any damage, loss or offense caused by, or in connection with, any content, advertising, products, services or information available on such websites or material. Any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings are solely between you and the relevant provider of the service. We further disclaim any legal authorization to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol displayed in or accessible through a Linked Site.
ATTRIBUTIONSThe following graphic icons listed below have been used throughout the website and are subject under the Creative Commons License. Paramount does not claim exclusive right to these icons except as to how these are used within the website and how it relates to our products and services.
From THE NOUN PROJECT (https://thenounproject.com/)
- “Calendar” Icon used on the About Us – Our History page is by Edward Boatman
- “Flag” Icon used on the About Us – Our History page is by Christian Wad
- “Handshake” Icon used on the About Us – Our History page is by Sergey Demushkin
- “Star” Icon used on the About Us – Our History page is by Vicons Design
- “Financial Graph” Icon used on the About Us – Our History page is by Gregor Črešnar
- “Computer” Icon used on the LifePlanning Partner Page Created by Yorlmar Campos
- “Eye Glass” Icon used on the LifePlanning Partner Page Created by Firman Suci Ananda
- “ Handshake” Icon used on the LifePlanning Partner Page Created by Jeff Portaro
- “Medal” Icon used on the LifePlanning Partner Page Created by Vectors Market
- “Graduation Cap” Icon used on the LifePlanning Partner Page Created by Mike Chum
- “ Refresh” Icon used on the LifePlanning Partner Page Created by Kevin White
- “Projection Chart” Icon used on the LifePlanning Partner Page Created by Norbert Kucsera
- “Magnifying Glass” Icon used on the LifePlanning Partner Page Created by Rockicon
- “Coin Stack with leaf” Icon used on the LifePlanning Partner Page Created by Becris
- “Calculator” Icon used on the LifePlanning Partner Page Created by Hugo Alberto
- “Cloud Download” Icon used on the Corporate Governance and Forms & FAQs Page Created by Bluetip Design
- “Male Gender” Icon used on the Careers Page Created by iconsmind.com
- “Female Gender” Icon used on the Careers Us Page Created by tracy tam
- “Clipboard” Icon used on the ER Card Page Created by icon 54
- “Clock” Icon used on the ER Card Page Created by Thomas Uebe
From FREEPIK (www.freepik.com)
- “Trophy Cup" Icon used on the About Us – Our History Page created by Freepik
- “Debit Card” Icon used on the Payment Options page created by Freepik
- “Avatar” Icon used on the Payment Options page created by Freepik
- “Phone Call” Icon used on the How to File a Claim & Contact Us page created by Freepik
- “Luggage” Icon used on the Home Page created by Madebyoliver
- “Taxi frontal vehicle” Icon used on the Home Page created by Freepik
- “House” Icon used on the Home Page created by Freepik “Bank” Icon used on the Payment Options page created by Zlatko Najdenovski
- “Wallet” Icon used on the Payment Options page created by Revicon
- “Building” Icon used on the Payment Options page created by Vaadin
- “Map perspective with a placeholder” Icon used on the How to File a Claim & Contact Us page created by SimpleIcon
RESTRICTIONS ON USE
You must only use our website to:
- Obtain insurance quotes for yourself or your immediate family;
- Obtain information relating to the price of insurance cover from us for yourself or your immediate family or friends; or
- Conduct insurance related transactions or queries in respect of insurance cover for you or a member of your immediate family with their prior consent.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for all electronic communications sent from your electronic device, including but not limited to personal computers.
You must not use our website to collect, disseminate, extract, process, monitor or copy any web pages from our website including any information, data, graphics or content. You must not use our website in any way that causes or is likely to corrupt or damage our website or to cause access to our website to be interrupted or impaired. You may not insert a hyperlink to our website.
You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for all electronic communications sent from your computer.
You acknowledge that damages may not be an adequate remedy for any infringement of such rights by you and that we are entitled to the remedies of injunction, specific performance, orders to deliver up infringing copies and any other statutory or equitable relief for any threatened or actual infringement and that no posting of security or proof of special damages is necessary for reliance on such remedies.
Our website is intended for use by Filipino Citizens, Philippine Permanent Residents or foreign nationals residing in the Philippines (“Philippine Residents”). We do not accept applications from non-Philippine Residents, unless otherwise specifically stated.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
If you have questions on these terms and conditions, you may contact us through:
PARAMOUNT LIFE & GENERAL INSURANCE CORPORATION
14th & 15th Floor, Sage House, 110 V.A. Rufino Street,
Legaspi Village, Makati City, 1229 Philippines
Telephone +63 (2) 772 9200
Fax +63 (2) 772 9290